Allstate - Great learning experience in a very professional setup | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Great learning experience in a very professional setup"

Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL
Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent learning opportunities, professional development, very talented workforce, workplace amenities and a great cafeteria!

Cons

It would have been great if there was an intern to full time placement program after the internship period.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"Good Hands, Not really."

Former Employee - Insurance Processor Band III in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Insurance Processor Band III in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are still good, I like the 5% match on the 401k. Company will also match your donation to some of the company sponsored charities if you give to them. In my opinion they are fair to the employees when a reduction in force takes place as far as giving a severance pay. I worked with some very smart, friendly and wonderful people.

Cons

Out of Country Outsourcing has really made the morale low. Technology needs to shape up, don't roll programs until you check for problems on the front end like we used to do. Now they roll them out and try to fix the problem after the insured's policy is messed up. Way to many WAD's or working as designed. They stopped checking programs on the front end and started releasing them and waiting to see what problems would present themselves. Bad customer service to let a customer's policy get messed up and find out the system is working as designed and we can't fix it. No more in class training except for Vendors or New Employees. You ask a question (on website) not allowed to "bother" Team Support and are told to read the RIO document which doesn't always answer the question. Then you have to send it back with the same question. Takes 4 or 5 days to get policies processed when you go back and forth with questions. This is NOT Team Support's fault, they have been "dumped on" with so much stuff it is not funny. Company needs to listen to employees and not come back months later and say what happened? Many conversations where had that could have stopped or correct problems and issues, but managers don't listen or don't understand the processes and how they will affect the customer. Sad! There are promotions, but I noticed some employees getting a "you are not qualified call" before they even finished the testing. Makes you wonder if they have you going through the motion so they can say they offered it to everyone.

Advice to Management

Listen, Listen, Ask and Educate yourselves on the functions. That way you can understand when employees are trying to tell you why it is not a good idea to proceed with something. If you don't understand, ask again and again. Bottom line the customer is suffering for the profit that is made rolling out fast and outsourcing before necessary. It is for the customer bottom line!

2. "It was a good company to work for."

Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster Trainee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Service Adjuster Trainee in Irving, TX

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is good at working with an employee balancing work and family.

Cons

The con is trying to get back into the company as an in house claim adjuster trainee. I have gotten several rejection emails after applying for some of the job openings. With having 25 years of past insurance experience with this company in property, auto and customer service, I am really disappointed with the reviewing of your past experiences.

Advice to Management

Since I have not been with the company since 2010 I can't give advice to management, but management in the past was very good.