Allstate - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Northbrook, IL
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern at Allstate. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. All of my co-workers took time to help me learn and show me the ropes of the business. The work was interesting and the company has a great work/life balance.

Cons

None, great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"You have to kiss a lot of feet,, and even that won't help, if you don't sell a lot."

Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to go to work at 3pm and get out midnight,this is the job for you, can make money, if you sell policies to customers that call for changes or complain. If you get fired, go apply for unemployment benefits, you will get approved, IF you kept a record of ALL INTERACTION WITH MANAGEMENT AND TIME KEEPING ,and ABSENCE ISSUES.

Cons

If you want to work for this company, WRITE DOWN OR PRINT SCREEN EVERYTHING. They will fire you without any notice, just call you to a little office and won't even let you go back to your desk, someone will put your stuff in a white box, which will be waiting by the lobby area, next to security guard,when you get done listing to your manager explain why you got fired, it will always be some computer time keeping software, that says you are out of time. By the way they will bad mouth about you to potential future employers.

Advice to Management

Treat Employees with Respect and Dignity, FIX YOUR TIMEKEEPING SOFTWARE, AND STOP USING IT AS AN EXCUSE TO FIRE EMPLOYEES THAT YOU NO LONGER WANT, OR GOT SICK DUE TO WORKMAN's COMP ISSUE, BUT YOU FIRED THEM ANYWAY WITH THAT EXCUSE.

"Corporate and politics are main concern"

Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best reason would be the convenience of having several options inside home office. Such as cleaners, pharmacy, cafe options all in one building.

Cons

Politics and overall environment. Upper management behave and let you know there are levels. Environment is not friendly at all. You can walk down those hallways all day long and will be lucky to get 1 "hello".

Advice to Management

Be more approachable and not act high and mighty. So not play favoritism. Although that is the culture and will be difficult to change.