Almac Group - Management makes it clear they do not value employees and that we're replaceable | Glassdoor

"Management makes it clear they do not value employees and that we're replaceable"

Current Employee - Project Services in Durham, NC

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits (Health, Dental, 401K and vision). Skilled and friendly co workers. High work volume but a sense of value in what you do.

Cons

Management apathy and lack of respect for employees is causing a horrible drop in employee morale and high turn over. Issues with treatment of employees by co workers and mid / upper level management are not dealt with or addressed in a serious, timely nor effective manner. This is extremely troubling in such a successful business with such a skilled, intelligent group of employees. A true shame that the employee... population is made to feel this way. Management takes an agressive naricissistic approach with employees genuinely seeking help to change this environment. A vast majority of employees are looking elsewhere.

Almac Group2012-12-16
  1. "Great place for hard working people"

Current Employee - Systems Manager in Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked hard and been promoted during my tenure with Almac. Management sees the value in good people and promotes from within for most positions. The work life balance is great, it can be very busy at times but I very rarely need to work long hours or weekends. My boss is very flexible with working from home or rearranging my schedule, not all of the time but I only ask when I truly need to move things around.... Great benefits and PTO are also a huge plus.

Cons

I don’t have many cons, I would say they’re the same as every other job I’ve had: some people aren’t always pleasant to work with but the majority of the people here are kind and always willing to help

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of trying to maintain a positive culture and work environment.

Almac Group2019-09-04
  2. "4 out of 5"

Current Employee - Quality Control Inspector in Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are incredible. Paid time off is 25 days plus holidays. Pay for Quality control inspector is above average and the work environment is great. Almac offers the best medical, dental, and 401k.

Cons

you must be liked at Almac our you will not be awarded new positions or good bump in pay

Advice to Management

Almac is currently overstaffed and underworked. More then half the day is sitting around and talking to your coworkers. This becomes a problem later as our profesional standard surely takes a hit. Too many personal conversations happen. This is what stems off into favoritism in the work place. The downtime becomes a political platform for career growth. Management needs to find a better results based structure to... reduce favoritism. Otherwise, management in Almac does just fine. Still the best place I have ever worked.

Almac Group2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Almac Group.