Almac Group - They promise a lot but its really just a low paying company with zero room for growth | Glassdoor

"They promise a lot but its really just a low paying company with zero room for growth"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lansdale, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great PTO plan. Flexible hours.

Cons

Most of the development is based on your knowledge of the hacked together codebase. People are being threatened with being fired for even suggestions better solutions. Not the type of place a true developer would enjoy working for. They expect long hours because they hire incompetent design managers that will be paid higher than you. They'll often ask you to work overtime because of last minute design changes that... you begged to be updated weeks ago. Salaries are lower than the market rate and employees who've been there usually have lower salaries than employees just starting. Your manager will take credit for what you do while being absent during projects. If you become reliable they'll take advantage of you. 100% of the work is done by 20% of the employees . Because they don't pay developers they are often looking to fill 7-8 slots and asking the current staff to work overtime.

Advice to Management

Middle management is terrible. They take credit for everything but don't do anything. They don't respond to emails but will be the first one to blame or fire employees. The internal emails that go out that "spotlight" top developers is often full of middle management that don't even do their job. That takes credibility away from management. Pay developers. Stop complaining that you can't hire developers when you're... not offering market value, while asking developers to work overtime.

Almac Group2019-06-25
  1. "Great place for hard working people"

Current Employee - Systems Manager in Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked hard and been promoted during my tenure with Almac. Management sees the value in good people and promotes from within for most positions. The work life balance is great, it can be very busy at times but I very rarely need to work long hours or weekends. My boss is very flexible with working from home or rearranging my schedule, not all of the time but I only ask when I truly need to move things around.... Great benefits and PTO are also a huge plus.

Cons

I don’t have many cons, I would say they’re the same as every other job I’ve had: some people aren’t always pleasant to work with but the majority of the people here are kind and always willing to help

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of trying to maintain a positive culture and work environment.

Almac Group2019-09-04

"Empowered"

Current Employee - Private

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My experience at Almac CT has been nothing short of empowering. My particular manager saw my potential and gave me more and more responsibilities to get greater visibility within the company. Pros- work from home ability, great coworkers, President who wants to hear from the workers, benefits

Cons

Pay across the board is lower than other similar positions in the industry

Almac Group2019-09-11

Discover more reviews about Almac Group.