Almac Group - Needs work! | Glassdoor

"Needs work!"

Former Employee - Project Services in Souderton, PA

I worked at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

PTO, benefits if you're single. If you have a family the benefits are very expensive! Good company to learn the industry or fresh out of college.

Cons

Not EOE, racist, gender bias. If you're a female you will have no issues moving up. They do play favorites. If you are an experienced professional don't waste your time unless you absolutely need a job till something better comes along. Most of management has been there since they started in the U.S. It's the good ol boys club. Compensation is horrible for experienced professionals. Almac capitalized on... applicants when the market was down. When things got better everyone jumped ship. Don't sign the non-compete and if you leave don't tell anyone where you are going.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves!

Almac Group2014-12-22
  1. "Great place for hard working people"

Current Employee - Systems Manager in Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked hard and been promoted during my tenure with Almac. Management sees the value in good people and promotes from within for most positions. The work life balance is great, it can be very busy at times but I very rarely need to work long hours or weekends. My boss is very flexible with working from home or rearranging my schedule, not all of the time but I only ask when I truly need to move things around.... Great benefits and PTO are also a huge plus.

Cons

I don’t have many cons, I would say they’re the same as every other job I’ve had: some people aren’t always pleasant to work with but the majority of the people here are kind and always willing to help

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of trying to maintain a positive culture and work environment.

Almac Group2019-09-04
  2. "4 out of 5"

Current Employee - Quality Control Inspector in Souderton, PA

I have been working at Almac Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are incredible. Paid time off is 25 days plus holidays. Pay for Quality control inspector is above average and the work environment is great. Almac offers the best medical, dental, and 401k.

Cons

you must be liked at Almac our you will not be awarded new positions or good bump in pay

Advice to Management

Almac is currently overstaffed and underworked. More then half the day is sitting around and talking to your coworkers. This becomes a problem later as our profesional standard surely takes a hit. Too many personal conversations happen. This is what stems off into favoritism in the work place. The downtime becomes a political platform for career growth. Management needs to find a better results based structure to... reduce favoritism. Otherwise, management in Almac does just fine. Still the best place I have ever worked.

Almac Group2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Almac Group.