Almost Family - The worst company you will ever work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Almost Family

"The worst company you will ever work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good co-workers trying to make a living. Pays the bills.

Cons

Nothing is good about this company. The turnover is ridiculous. The Account Executives are treated like crap and let go left and right. They fire and cancel health insurance while employees are in the hospital. If you take this job, you will be miserable within 6 months and it will go down hill from there. For a Health Care company, they are heartless. No, I have not been fired and yes, I am still employed here but like everyone else, I am clawing my way to get out of here. I don't ever write negative things like this, but you could never imaging the crap that goes on with this company. Interviewing?? Run away as fast as you can!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees. Stop working for purely the shareholders. Set achievable goals and PAY THEM, REWARD THEM! Get rid of everyone in Kentucky that has anything to do with corporate decision making.

Other Employee Reviews for Almost Family

"Executive Leaders Should Reassess for Liability Factors in NEO."

Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Ashland, OH
    Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Ashland, OH

I worked at Almost Family part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Weekly pay even if it was incorrect every time. Most office employee's were impersonal and standoffish.

Cons

This company had lost internal documents related to my hours and my wages, I was never compensated correctly even after I provided my own paperwork. After which they did not give me the correct amount owned for my services and this continued for many more weeks. They gave me some training, but it was inadequate at best. I was rushed into paying thirty dollars for CPR training that only lasted ten minutes. The Registered Nurse (RN) that was performing the test had already signed and completed my test for me before I even arrived. Executive management at the local branch was well aware of this practice and watched the entire process. I felt cheated honestly, because I would of been grateful for some more up to date information in this ever changing field or perhaps some refined techniques at the very least. I was written up multiple times unfairly, write ups and verbal warnings about events that did not even occur on my shift. No investigation by the company is ever really performed into any of the allegations it seems, they tend to have knee jerk reaction as a solution to everything, basically they over react very easily; and most of the time it is at the incorrect person for the incorrect reasons. If you decide to work for this branch watch your back an paychecks.

Advice to Management

Hello, Kentucky Head Quarters
         I would highly recommend that you begin to reassess your local level management in the North East Ohio branch. There are a few bad apples that could use some reevaluation at one of your offices due to poor work ethics and documentation processes. They are a liability to you and your clients. Local management should work towards their own diligence concerning client care plans, complaints and discrepancies. They were very vague about their reasoning of my termination as well. I feel it extends from the local managements inability to correctly communicate with their own employee's. I also would like to just add for the record that I have many letters from clients for recommendations and credentials along with many years of experience in the field.

2. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Home Health Aid in Edgewood, KY
    Current Employee - Home Health Aid in Edgewood, KY

I have been working at Almost Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to pick your hours. Great people to work with.

Cons

I have none so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!