Alorica - Ok place to work | Glassdoor

"Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Alorica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent amount of training before being sent out on the floor on your own. Ability to get OT during busy times not forced to go home when it was slow, they allowed employees to bid on early release spots.

Cons

The training was good but would frequently get calls outside of what I was trained in and was expected to handle the calls. Starting pay was decent but no raises EVER. I was making the same money as people that had worked their for years. Not too discriminating on who they hire you might have someone with a masters degree on one side of you and an ex con on the other.

Advice to Management

You have the potential to have a great company, you should provide more incentives to retain employees

Other Employee Reviews for Alorica

1. "Samsung tech support: disorganized, cramped working space, high turn over due to endless back to back calls"

Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Agent in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your a techie you might be able to overlook all this crap and work for Samsung tech, it's a really cool job if they knew how to better staff at peek hours

Cons

Very stressful, Hard to find floor support when needed, disguisting bathrooms, Have to hike from the parking lot to your desk takes about 5-7 minutes (yes, I timed it). Very large floor with several different clients but Samsung had the most cramped workspace and sometimes there is not even a seat avail when you come into work - that is just crazy! Also they fired me on spot when I gave my 2 weeks because they had a shortage of seats for the new hires and needed my desk for one of them. Oh yeah and your stuck at 10.00bucks an hour except if you get to tier2 technical support where you get a whooping 10.50!!! And can never earn more unless you become a supervisor. I would only work there again if I was so broke they where going to kick me out of my apartment even then I would look REALLY hard for something else.

Advice to Management

get it together!

"Alorica- (DIRECT TV) BEWARE!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Directv Customer Service Agent in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Directv Customer Service Agent in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Alorica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet interesting people
    They throw money at you so, but it cost you your soul, and work ethic!
    You can watch TV late at night when most people leave

Cons

Its extremely hard to change your schedule if your a newbie
    They higher uppers smile in your face but will easily turn on you
    Its all money, if you want the money they throw at you, then take the job
    They are constantly hiring, so you can easily be fired
    Now they want you to do the best on these customer surveys
    If you don't have a high position or be in (Smatv or Winback) you can really easily get fired
    I learned they don't care about you, i brought in my school schedule and told them i needed a different schedule and they refused!

Advice to Management

CAN YOU BE A LITTLE MORE CARING!!!! and stop firing everyone, no wonder Direct tv has a bad name!