Alpha - Alpha is Awesome! | Glassdoor
  1. "Alpha is Awesome!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers are smart, friendly, gritty and adventurous. There is a mission I believe in to improve how people work and how products are being built and there is a real need by large customers for our platform. Every day there is a new challenge to tackle or problem we can help solve for our clients. This job certainly isn't boring!

Cons

Some of the internal processes could be improved but these seem like normal startup challenges. I know management is improving on this so not much else.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people! Please continue to invest in our training as it is really important.

Alpha2018-12-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Alpha full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, and a really cool product that we're building. They like to take care of us and have definitely invested in making the employee experience a positive one. I consider most of the employees here my friends, but it's not overly cliquey or too much of a "bro" culture.

Cons

Typical growing pains that come with a startup, but I don't really have much negative to say about the company. They've done a good job of keeping this a nice place to work.

Advice to Management

Thor is a monster.

Alpha2018-10-12

"Great place to work, with a few caveats"

Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Alpha full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super nice people and a team that was growing very fast. They are very laid back which allows for a great work life balance and had no problem with people working from home. The culture is quite good with company outings happening regularly, not to mention team lunch on Fridays. Client work is interesting and exposes you to a ton of different ideas and products that might not be in market yet.

Cons

In the past, senior management did not really set/enforce any structure around how work should be done and what the goals were for the company so it was very easy for teams to do the bare minimum for extended periods of time. This coupled with the nebulous (at the best of times) product vision and a penchant for leaving development goals in the hands of junior employees lent itself to a lot of frustration across... teams. When I left it seemed like this was changing for the better however.

Advice to Management

You need a solid product roadmap, and to really get into the nitty gritty of implementing scalable/repeatable processes.

Alpha2018-11-02

Discover more reviews about Alpha.