AlphaGraphics - Large company with what seems like no growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlphaGraphics

"Large company with what seems like no growth."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees at corporate are very nice and always willing to help out if you have any questions....
Sometimes it can be fun to work there but towards the end it got worse

Cons

Corporate is nice because they want their royalties.
They take 20% of everything the franchise makes
The franchise I worked at had an owner that had no idea how to run a business - corporate should have come over from Utah to give him some business management lessons before they let him open up his own franchise which is now doing terrible.
I have sent several customers that way after I left and they all come back to me telling me that either the order was messed up or they didn't like the way it came back, or it was late or taking too long to get done. - makes me look like i don't know what i'm talking about...
there is no movement within each franchise - once you're hired as something, you can't move up unless your shop is doing extremely well.
i was there for a year and i never got a raise, commission, or any bonuses that were promised to be on an incentive base
I don't think new stores should be opening at this time - the printing business is a dying business. if people want something printed they can send out for it online, or stop over at staples and get it done by themselves on a printer or have the employees do it for them in no time.
No one needs a big print shop that doesn't even print offset - only digital - can't use cool papers or thick paper can't print envelopes or letterhead or anything really.

Advice to Management

You need to look deeper into who you're letting open a franchise. It makes you guys look bad when the owner of one of your branches is losing so much money and everyone keeps quitting. My old boss had no sales ability and just sat in the office for hours upon hours doing nothing. He didn't know how to work one machine in case his employees called out sick. Never acquired new business - and picked out clients that he thought were special and spent all his time on them. He couldn't even give us the bonuses we were promised when hired because we weren't making any money. I spent a year there with no raise (although i asked 3 times and got shot down).

Other Employee Reviews for AlphaGraphics

"A great place to begin or end your career"

I have been working at AlphaGraphics part-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and a variety of work, AlphaGraphics has helped me learn the ins and outs of printing and more specifically, designing for print.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be room for much growth at AlphaGraphics itself. If you aspire to be an art director or creative director later in your career, this is not the place for it.

Advice to Management

I have no advice, I love everybody here.

"Yes men, yes women, no thanks! Idiocracy at its finest."

Pros

Free lunch on your birthday?

Cons

AlphaGraphics in the Cultural District is a franchise run by fear and intimidation. Simply having an opinion that differs from that of management will get you fired. Many promises are made upon hire that are outright lies.

This is because management is astoundingly unprofessional, uneducated, inexperienced and LAZY. If you hate being micro-managed, this is NOT the place for you. Ownership is smug, elitist and completely out to lunch. In my time there, at least 9 employees were fired or quit. Most run screaming and the ones that just want to work hard and try to fit in end up taking any new blame that can be passed their way to cover up for (the many) management blunders.

Why do most run screaming? No benefits and (hourly) pay is laughable, but it all adds up as long as you work 60 hours a week, right guys?

Advice to Management

Management at this place doesn't listen to advice.