Alpine Access - It's a Joke!! But better than no job at all !!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alpine Access

"It's a Joke!! But better than no job at all !!!"

Current Employee - CCP (Customer Care Professional)
Current Employee - CCP (Customer Care Professional)

Pros

work from home = no commute, no "work" clothes to buy, save on gas

Cons

After the first 4 weeks of training we had another 4 weeks of ICU which is basically on the job training and this actually went rather well - too bad it wasn't a true picture of what it would be like once you are actually in Production.
You have an Adobe Chat Room that you are supposed to be able to go into and ask for help from people that are there to support you. These people can be Team Leads, Coaches or SME's (System Matter Experts) - but you're lucky if you get a response within 5 minutes of asking your question. This may not seem like such a long time but when you have a customer on hold and you are to connect with them every 2-3 minutes to let them know you "have not forgotten about them" - that 5 minutes can feel like an eternity!! I can't count how many days there have been multiple support people in the room - you ask a question - it doesn't LOOK like they're busy helping other people because the chat room is empty except for your question - but I've waited upwards of 10 minutes before getting a response!
in training and in ICU we were given little to no instructions on how to report these issues - when we finally did find out how they wanted this time reported and we started doing it - it was wrong. Then an email was sent out with the actual policy for reporting tech issues properly if you wanted to get paid. We were instructed by an Account Manager to re-post any previously issues that were reported incorrectly using the "new" system..... so I did.... and heard nothing back from anybody. Did I email my team lead? You bet!! Did I get a reply? The first time I did - I was told that she would "look into it"..... then nothing. I like to think that I am a reasonable person - after all, even though this is my first experience in a call center environment I am no stranger to providing superior customer service as I've been doing it for over 20 years in a MUCH more professional environment that Alpine has or ever will have! I understand that I'm just one of many people on this person's Team and I know that it takes time to get answers to questions so I gave my Team Leader a good couple of weeks to do her thing and still heard nothing - so, I took it upon myself to prepare an Excel spreadsheet outlining my times that I had tech issues and sent it to her asking that she again look into it. Did I get a response? No!!! And during this time period yet ANOTHER email is sent out from an Account Manager with yet ANOTHER process for reporting technical issues! I have still heard nothing from my team lead and I've emailed her a third time - I don't even get a courtesy email back saying that it's being looked into! As of today I am missing more than 11 hours and some of these hours are hours that I was legitimately working but because of their reporting system it shows I did not!! My Team Leader is/was aware of this and I asked for assistance in getting paid for these hours and guess what?? NO RESPONSE!!
At one point yet another mass email was sent stating that they had found an error in their system and that agents that were affected would receive retroactive hours on their pay. It went on to say that these retro hours would be finalized and be reflected in our "Payroll Summary" by the end of the day on Wednesday - so...... I checked my summary on Wed. evening.... and I did indeed see some retro hours - 20.25 of them to be exact!!! Based on the information in the email - I budgeted for that money on my next paycheck..... it was just a fluke that I happened to also check my payroll summary the next day (Thurs) only to find that my retro hours had been reduced from 20.25 to under 2 hours!!!! That's a big chunk of change for a single mom to loose - especially when it's been budgeted for!! I sent an email to the Account Manager that had issued the email and asked what had happened. I was told that they found that their system of "finding" the errors was also erroneous!! This particular Account Manager went on to say that the hours that he & his team had reviewed and APPROVED - were in fact wrong and had been corrected early Thursday morning......If this person is a Manager - and he had already APPROVED the hours PRIOR to them being added to the payroll summary - then the onus should fall on him not us, the employees!!
Oh - and I know you're going to be surprised at this BUT - I received NO REPLY back!!! LMAO!!
I could go on and on and on about my complaints with this company but as mentioned - this job is better than no job and I'm currently in a situation in my life where I need to have SOME kind of income...... poor me!!
I agree with most of the other posts on this page -

THIS JOB IS GREAT IF YOU'RE SIMPLY LOOKING FOR A FILLER - IF YOU ARE DESPERATE FOR AN INCOME OR IF YOU SIMPLY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME!!
OTHER THAN THAT - DON'T THINK TWICE PEOPLE - THINK THREE OR FOUR TIMES BECAUSE THE HEADACHES USUALLY OUTWEIGH THE POSITIVE ASPECTS OF THIS JOB!!

Advice to Management

Start living in the real world!! Your pay sucks and your communication is even worse!! You are constantly looking for people to JUMP ON to take calls but today I was in a room with 62 other agents and I worked a 5.5 hr shift..... in that time I took a total of 6 calls!! And during my shift I received no less than 3 emails asking for people to Jump On!!
Teach your Team Leaders some common manners and communication skills - after all - you expect us, the agents to have those skills when dealing with your client's customers but you don't even offer that practice to your internal customers (your employees)!!
This place is not THE worst place I've worked..... at least I can sit here and drink coffee and have a smoke without having to go outside but I have NOT stopped looking for other employment and as soon as I find it - I'M OUTTA HERE!!! The headaches that are associated with commuting to and from work are much less stressful than the ones you have with your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Alpine Access

1. "it's really a good job...if you can handle it."

Pros

- working from home and everything that entails [no commute, no "work" wardrobe, etc.]
    - positive performance is recognized
    - the company does actively try to improve their programs

Cons

- TECH ISSUES.
    - complete lack of decent benefits
    - no PTO
    - lack of communication from higher-ups

Advice to Management

- get feedback from your agents, NOT just your senior TLs.
    - making the teams smaller has been incredibly good for the program, don't ever go back to massive teams.
    - offer full-time coaching positions instead of making anybody and everybody into a TL. some people have and are excellent resources for other agents but they just do not have leadership capabilities.

"You have to be very desperate to even consider working there!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional

Pros

Work from home (yes, that's the only pro)

Cons

Very low pay (even for a call center), $9.50 /hour for the Xbox program (they consider that to be one of their highest paid clients).

Virtually no benefits (the 3rd party benefits offered are extremely expensive).

No paid vacation (that's right, absolutely all/any time off is unpaid).

They make you work out of a "virtual machine" run off of a USB thumb drive which makes their applications run painfully slow even on a new and very fast computer.

They never schedule you for a full 40 hours per week, even if you are a full time employee.

They expect far too much from their employees without providing any kind of incentive whatsoever! This is a company you work for when you are very desperate and close to going hungry and then tell them to shove it once you get back on your feet and find a decent job. After working for Alpine Access, a job at McDonalds begins to sound good.

Advice to Management

Start by paying a competitive wage and then move on to actually providing real benefits, you know, the kind that even Walmart offers their underpaid staff.