Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Vivacious, Democratic environment

Jan 3, 2017 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young company with great energy. You'll wear lots of hats and get lots of great experience. Great for young professionals looking to bolster their career, but with enough stability and direction to attract an older, more settled crowd. Projects are interesting and fast paced without being frantic and overwhelming.

Cons

It is a startup, and therefore has a bit of uncertainty in direction. Though it is advancing very well currently, planning more than a year in advance is somewhat worrisome due to the fact that we're at a critical stage of our development.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So thankful to have found Altaeros!

Apr 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Altaeros is a hidden gem that is poised to take off very soon. Currently, we are a small but ambitious and diverse team. We are diverse in age, background and experience. The small team size allows for ample opportunities to take on projects and responsibilities that I am most interested in. Although we have plenty of fun (how could you not building aerostats?!) it is expected that each team member put in their work, which everyone does. The best part of Altaeros is hands-down the people. I am surrounded by intelligent, passionate and kind colleagues who push me to constantly learn and better myself. I come to work each day excited to collaborate and learn something new. Our leadership team is experienced and readily available whenever you need them. One of my favorite qualities about our leadership team is their embrace of mistakes. They understand that mistakes will be made, and reassure the team that mistakes are okay so long as we learn from them moving forwards. This is critical when you are building something that has never been done before. Additionally, it fosters an open and trusting environment within the company- crucial qualities to scaling a small start-up into a large international company. Aside from the work-related points above, Altaeros is very much a start up with great perks! We have ample vacation time, flexible work hours, casual dress code, weekly catered lunches, free snacks, biweekly happy hours and much more.

Cons

The office space isn't the best, but since we are growing so quickly we should be in a new, great space before we know it!

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty cool place to learn and work

Dec 2, 2019 - Mechanical Engineer Intern in Somerville, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and staff. People really encourage you to do your best in every aspect of the projects.

Cons

The timelines were sometimes very tight. At times it was daunting, but everything almost always worked out.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Altaeros Energies.