Altaquip - My advise to prosective job seekers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Altaquip

"My advise to prosective job seekers."

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Altaquip full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting field and very hands on service.

Cons

Too seasonal, many lay offs. Lost HD contact.
Too many management changes with inexperienced leaders.

Advice to Management

Promote within more, value their experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Altaquip

1. "Administrative Specialist"

Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Altaquip full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was always willing to help you in anything that you needed, whether it was work related or not.

Cons

not too much overtime

Altaquip Response

May 22, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write these comments. We are striving to promote these behaviors in all our management team.

2. "Admin lead"

Former Employee - Administrative Lead in Pennsauken, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Lead in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Altaquip full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent for work. Brother passed away and manager and assistant manager were MORE than compassionate in giving me time off and beareavement pay after only a few months working there.

Cons

Way too "cooperate" they watch everything you do. Constantly logging in remotely through server to your desktop to see what you are doing. Far too little employees in summer for amount of work and far too many in winter. Techs have zero repercussions for their actions. I was tasked with calling 200 lowes stores (the service center manager was supposed to go meet them but refused) every RTM had same issues. Too many BER units, leaking oil after tech said no leaks found, and having to constantly send things back. Managers did nothing but have team meetings and never singled anyone out. Got told at the interview my hours would be 7:30-4 which was perfect since I have kids. Once it got busy I was required to be there at 6. Not sure how that's acceptable. I was very excited to get out of there when I did. But what made me the sickest was coming in at the same time as the service center manager. The assistant manager had been doing, managing, admin, and parts by hisself for months. Instead of giving him the promotion he rightly deserved they brought someone new in. I felt so bad for the guy. I hope he has found other employment by now.

Advice to Management

Help out employees more or hire parts managers and assistant admins to assist during the summer. And promote within!