Altegra Health - The work itself is crazy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Altegra Health

"The work itself is crazy"

Former Employee - Remote Coder
Former Employee - Remote Coder

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were of awesome attitude. Everyone I talked to or engaged was knowledgeable and really tried to support you.

Cons

The auditing workload is crazy and demanding of 95%. This means you can't miss more than a few codes per 30 charts a day. Some charts are just crazy and makes no sense as to why you are reviewing them. But this is not necessarily Altegra's problem. It's what they do with the data after auditing that counts.. I lost interest in workload resulting in my deficiency. Altegra let me go then called me back. I didn't respond because now I know being and there moving on. Not for me. But the people were so professional and nice. The manager saw potential in me and I blew it because I didn't like remote work. Working from home for me sucked.

Advice to Management

I'm glad to hear you merged with Coding Source. PLEASE change your logos, etc. because The Coding Source people themselves are problematic and I really feel for those at Altegra that have to work with them.

Other Employee Reviews for Altegra Health

1. "Altegra"

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits.

Cons

There is no team environment.

2. "Ok work"

Former Employee - Invoice Research in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Invoice Research in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Altegra Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Available coaches for on the job questions, hours, fast growth out of entry level position, off bus line, have nice sized cafeteria and outside area for breaks

Cons

Inconsistent work load, rude management, inconsistent QA reviews, commute is horrible, spend a lot of time correcting mistakes, specialty training classes after fax mail could use updating.

Advice to Management

Need more consistency with QAing all employees in all departments, better training sessions for specialty positions not fax mail and hire people that care about doing their job and doing it well.