Altria - Brand management internship. Very comprehensive internship that introduced me to the realm of marketing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Altria

"Brand management internship. Very comprehensive internship that introduced me to the realm of marketing."

Current Intern - Brand Management in Richmond, VA
Current Intern - Brand Management in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Altria as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid internship, great experience, opened my eyes to the "real" world of marketing, advertising, and strategy outside of a college classroom. Gain insight into a heavily regulated industry and learn how the system works from legal to creative.

Cons

Very corporate feeling and bureaucratic. You need to be able to be passionate about tobacco-related products, which can be difficult since it is very controversial.

Other Employee Reviews for Altria

"Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Altria full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent salary and very good benefits,

Cons

No life balance. Work is overwhelming and just when you think that you've completed a task, upper management hands you a dozen new one's.

Advice to Management

Upper management wants to make territory managers force retailers to order in abundance. This should not be the case to push more tobacco. Retailers such as 7-11 and other chains no what needs to be order through the retailer's own ordering system, Altria and it's subsidiary's want to over sell it's products and make retailers keep inventory that they do not need. This is WRONG! Take for example what's happened at CVS. CVS will no longer sell tobacco as of October 2014. Hopefully, one day, we will be a tobacco free society

"Overall, great company but limited on career opportunities unless you get in with the right people. If your manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altria full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, and team friendly environment

Cons

Limited opportunity for upper mobility

Advice to Management

Evaluate your talent pool, and maximize your resources