Altum - good company | Glassdoor

"good company"

Pros

good culture and is maintained well

Cons

less growth and more should be given

Advice to Management

give better growth

Other Employee Reviews for Altum

1. "Good, Could be Great"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Altum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several recent reviews are not objective enough: bad ones by disgruntled former employees then swift responses.

The work environment is pretty good. There are a lot of solid team members. You can make an impact on the job. The CEO is a really nice guy and he communicates with everyone in a very respectful manner. You will grow and learn on the job.

There are exiting plans and potentially great things that can happen at this company.

The technology side is managed wonderfully. When I was hired I was sort of thrown to the fire, but I was mentored well. The mentoring throughout my time there was exceptional.

Cons

The main issue that prevents it from being 5 star is there is a sense that maybe great things won't happen. The company has grown and shrunk several times over the previous 5 years. It use to have 100 employees and now it is down to the 20s. It is hard to give a company 5 stars when that happens.

Advice to Management

The technology side is managed wonderfully. I wouldn't change anything there.

There is some drama in other departments that should be minimized, because too much drama can negatively affect the work environment.

It would be nice to see all leaders in the office regularly, because that leads to better team unit.

2. "Great talent, bad decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Altum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Altum has great products and great people. The atmosphere is friendly and fun. There are diverse opportunities to grow and excellent benefits.

Cons

Altum has great products but has recently not been able to make them profitable. In spite of great people working at Altum, it continues to make bad decisions that are keeping costs high for its products.

Advice to Management

Change the direction that you have followed in the last few years.