Alvarez & Marsal - Resources and experience common to larger firms while still retaining a small firm atmosphere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alvarez & Marsal

"Resources and experience common to larger firms while still retaining a small firm atmosphere."

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Tax Associate in Miami, FL

Pros

Exceptional. Work life balance. Very young, upcoming firm with opportunities to gain a diverse skill set and overlap into various service lines.

Cons

Occasionally limited resources. Particularly with interoffice sharing of resources. Many opportunities to avoid "recreating the wheel" seem to be missed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't lose sight of keeping people happy and avoiding the implementation of bureaucratic practices common to the larger firms.

Other Employee Reviews for Alvarez & Marsal

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There is no set vacation policy... it's take it when you need it so you can potentially take more time than would be standard at other companies.

Cons

No vacation policy can lead to not being able to take any vacation. Bosses can veto your ability to book a vacation out in advance leaving you limited time to plan an actual trip. You are encouraged to take vacation when you are not on a client, which is not something you can predict far enough ahead of time to plan a trip.

Leadership in some offices is weaker than others.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people

"Best job I have had since graduating college"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

1. People - some of the most talented people I have worked with in my career
    2. People - my co-workers love to give back to non-profits and the community
    3. People - they are always willing to help with work or personal related issues
    4. Challenging projects - I have been challenged on every project so far
    5. Leadership - all of the partners I have worked with our outstanding

Cons

You will hear this will most consulting companies, but the travel is the biggest con for me. Doing expense reports is the other complaint, so obviously it's not a big issue.

Advice to Management

Sell more local projects and you will be able to lower attrition rates. Keep up the great work leading our company.