Alvarez & Marsal - Self Managed and Disciplined | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alvarez & Marsal

"Self Managed and Disciplined"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Alvarez & Marsal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff are expected to be fully self-managed and able to conduct the firm's business in front of client's at all levels. Being "technical" is not frowned upon, but embraced at all levels in the firm.

Cons

The compensation model doesn't accomdate for years where billable collections do not exceed the salary threshold to qualify for bonus.

Other Employee Reviews for Alvarez & Marsal

1. "Good work environment, highly competitive"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Alvarez & Marsal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good staff, highly trained and competent. Business was up and down when I was there, but could be very busy at times. Potential to advance and make good money if you do a great job.

Cons

Highly competitive environment for staff and employees. Could see potential for people trying to be too competitive over getting jobs and credit.

Advice to Management

Understand the thoughts of employees and work to maintain a positive environment. Offer more and better opportunities to grow through more training/classes.

"Entrepreneurial, team enviroment that fosters friendship and collaboration"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

A&M is a roll-up-your-sleeves, get-the-job-done kind of place. With dozens of former C-suite executives in our ranks, opportunities to learn abound. The work/life balance is great, and the projects are interesting.

Cons

A&M Business Consulting is not as well known as our competitors, despite our track record and reputation in the restructuring community. While this is changing, our recognition in the market still lags.