Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Matt Clark runs a pretty good scam

Jun 9, 2018 - Copywriter and Speaker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was promised the world, convinced me this was a great opportunity

Cons

I was contracted by matt Clark and amazing.com to do some significant copywriting projects. In addition to my fee, as part of the deal I was promised a speaking slot at their live event. I delivered multiple major copywriting projects, which were used AND delivered results, and was preparing for the trip to speak at the live event. Five days prior to the event, matt Clark emailed me to let me know he was canceling my speaking slot. I replied instantly with shock, and attempted to figure out what was happening. Matt blocked me, and his entire team quit communicating. Mind you, this was without them paying a dime for my work. Eventually, their attorneys threatened me and tried intimidating me...to the point where matt STILL owes me more than $50,000 for copywriting that he used and didn’t pay for. I’ve spoken on many stages and have talked to many people about this, and it’s still hard to believe somebody in the public eye would do this kind of thing. Honestly, It’s a pretty good scam. They promise you the world, use your stuff, then refuse to pay. Matt knows that it would cost more in legal fees and lost time to fight in court to get your $$ than it’s worth, so he doesn’t pay.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Matt Clark and Jason Katzenback are changing peoples' lives.

Aug 21, 2018 - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can tell that the founders (Matt Clark and Jason Katzenback) truly care about helping people change their lives. (Matt Clark has a vision of helping people change their lives through entrepreneurship. Jason Katzenback is also passionate about changing people's lives through entrepreneurship but also very passionate about helping families get through the financial struggles of having a child going through cancer treatment.) They are both super genuine people trying to do good things for the world. If helping people is important to you they are very awesome people to work for. There is never a dull moment. =) It is a fast paced environment with lots to learn and do. Amazing gives you lot of opportunity to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Great vision for the future. There are awesome things coming down the pipeline. It's a good time to be working at Amazing.com.

Cons

This could be a pro or con depending on who is reading it. Haha. Working at Amazing is for the go-getter. You have to be willing to take full responsibility for achieving goals and making sure necessary things take place. If you don't know how to do something you have to figure it out. There are plenty of great people to ask for help but no one is going to hold you hand. If you need help you have to ask. If you need someone to micromanage your work this is not the place for you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awful place to work long term

Dec 2, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work from home option

Cons

Prejudice managers, only care about the bottom line. Very exclusive if you have not worked there long

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amazing.com.