Amazingmail - Mixed | Glassdoor

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Good product and quality, solid quality control and passion for the product. Good team of people working in the trenches.

Cons

Poor upper management decisions and cronyism caused a large loss of revenue. Management's lack of forward vision and direction to get the company to the next level. Management tended to discount employees' good idea and feedback from clients.

Amazingmail Response

Apr 9, 2013 – Vice President

This former employee is referring to a previous management team and not the current leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazingmail

1. "I was sadly dissatisfied with this position as I expected a learning environment and room for growth."

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The internship was paid, minimal, but better than no pay. Everyone is usually quite friendly to work with. Large/comfortable work environment

Cons

Lack of communication between management and staff, broken promises, management steels ideas and pawns them off as their own. The internship was filled with "busy work", studying and creating excel spreadsheets to determine trends. Not a great fit for someone that is outgoing and people oriented.

Advice to Management

When someone is hired as an intern, define the terms of the length of this internship with a specific end date. It is not very professional to promise full-time opportunities if they do not exist.

Amazingmail Response

Apr 9, 2013 – Vice President

This former intern is referring to a previous management team and not the current leadership.

"Developer Perspective"

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

Interesting concept. At our core, we print and mail postcards. It’s a relatively simple process, but augmented with our workflow, it makes for interesting work. In the end, we have a process that can be leveraged by enterprise applications for customer-triggered mailings sending a personalized card to thousands per day. And that same exact process supports any person that wants to snap a photo and send it to grandma. There are a few major pieces involved that make this possible, and working with these concepts in mind makes for fun work.

Variety. We are a small team, and as such, we often tend to wear different hats. In a given week, I may work a gambit from UX to backend programming to database administration to server maintenance. It keeps things fresh. At the same time though, when I need focus on a single project, I can.

Flexibility. Work from home schedules are generally allowed, and there’s never an issue when needing to run errands or step away from work for a bit during the day.

Small company atmosphere. We have a bit of a corporate feel in that we conduct our meetings professionally and we put heavy focus on process. But beyond that, we retain the feeling of a small company. It’s an environment where you’re encouraged to speak your mind. Everybody is accessible. It’s an environment where you can feel comfortable. And as such, your opinions, suggestions, and day-to-day work make a difference. You get a sense of ownership of the company.

Smart management. Management has a keen sense of our place in the market, and they’ve done a good job of keeping us pointed in the right direction. That’s more difficult than it sounds given that we primarily print postcards. But it’s that description of “we print postcards” that is an oversimplification that has lead previous management teams astray and caused bad decisions that lost money and good employees. I trust that our current team is leading us beyond stability.

Cons

Limited growth potential. Being that we are a small company, growth potential is limited. There is a lot of potential in professional growth via quarterly professional development goals. Salary is also reviewed annually. But there isn’t much in terms of a corporate ladder to climb. We are a unique company that has growth potential as a whole, however, so this could change over time.

Legacy code. This company was started in the late 90s, and some of the code is still in use today. It’s difficult to work around some of these old blocks of code, but when it makes sense, we do refactor and update where we can.