Amazon Lab126 - Politics, Toxic culture, Avoid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon Lab126

"Politics, Toxic culture, Avoid"

Current Employee - SDE1 in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - SDE1 in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Amazon Lab126 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"making our OS the best software platform in the industry, capable of providing unique value to our customers"

Cons

Before I came here, I talked to a friend who is working in Apple. He told me Lab126 is a company that borrowed the software and made them messes. I don't believe him until I'm here now! I cannot see any innovations here, and they don't even want it.
The works here are basically integration, including combining Android and some software from vendor. Non of them were built by Lab126 itself. When you talked to the managers about this, they will ask you the same question:"Why we need to build them ourselves since we already had them?". Software quality is totally a mess. You got tons of bugs that can never be finished.
Managers are came from some low end companies, who ruined one and another. They don't admire tech -- they know nothing, maybe. What they focus on was POLITICS. They might call you at the midnight, or even midnight in the weekend to ask you to verify a patch, run a script or launch a test case. These are what we do everyday.
The Pros is what we claimed, which I think is a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop making jokes and start to build something. I will leave in weeks, GOD BLESS YOU.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon Lab126