Cover image for Amazon

Current Employee

Tier 1 Indirect

Aug 22, 2016 - Fulfillment Associate in Kent, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work in an indirect role, which is a support role without a rate, as compared to someone in "process" who has a rate (like packing or picking). I'm fortunate working here as an indirect that I get to work with a set group of people everyday and they really feel like my coworkers. When you're working in "process" it's a gamble who you will be working next to and if you know their name. I feel like the pay is decent for the work you're doing. The health coverage is very good. I enjoy my job minus the feeling that I'm doing a lot of work sometimes.

Cons

The work-life balance is terrible. I'm always exhausted after work and have no energy to do anything on my weekends because of it. It's worse when there's mandatory overtime. In process there is a lot of stress because of rates, and in indirect (roles without a rate) there's stress because it feels like you're doing the work of more than one person. Management will pull people from indirect to go into process because it looks good for them and we move more units, but puts stress on the other indirects to make up the work. I also feel like I never see my manager, which is something important to me for some reason.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Great

Dec 3, 2022 - Anonymous Freelancer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and company to work for

Cons

None I can think of.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

You Get What You Put In

Jan 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Continue reading
    3043 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amazon.

Amazon Careers

Cover image for Amazon

Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company. What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving...More

• Core Values

Amazon photo of: Employee in one of our Fulfillment Centers
Amazon photo of: Amazon UK Apprentices celebrating a milestone
Amazon photo of: Public tours at the Dunfermline fulfillment centre
Amazon photo of: Learning at Work Week in Amazon Peterborough
Amazon photo of: We offer apprentice opportunities across UK operations sites.

Amazon Job Seekers Also Viewed