Amazon - Violated its own written policy in a way that harmed me. | Glassdoor

"Violated its own written policy in a way that harmed me."

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Easley, SC

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home. Lots of voluntary time off, usually, depending on what department you're in.

Cons

Won't follow its own written policies in terms of what you can be disciplined for. Droning work that goes on and on. Sometimes there is nothing you can do for your customer and they still make you send them a post-call survey.

Advice to Management

When there is a written policy in your own employee handbook that supports associates' position, and is in direct conflict with your decision to discipline multiple associates, you should either reverse this decision, or at least remove that written policy from your handbook. But no one at Amazon cares if you get thrown under the bus, because a combination of them never having to meet face-to-face with you and them having...

Amazon2017-11-20
  1. "moved around and learnt valuable information"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Amazon part-time for less than a year

Pros

good benefits for almost everyone

Cons

I didn't notice any one. My time there was good

Amazon2019-08-19
  2. Helpful (1934)

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.