Amazon - The Perfect Home | Glassdoor

"The Perfect Home"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I'm a mother of 3 boys so my schedule is kinda hectic. But Amazon allows a flexible work schedule so I can make sure I am always available for my children. Amazon is my home away from home. If I'm not "Home with my children", I'm "Home with Amazon". I love the fun and interactive ways to help people whether its helping them find the perfect dress for that special night out, or helping someone who doesn't know how to...

Cons

You must have patience and people skills.

Advice to Management

A smile will always shine through, even on the phone. If you can't tell their smiling, then clouds are in their way!

Amazon2018-06-07
  1. "Working for Amazon means learning every day."

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

great environment; lots of opportunity to work in interesting projects; people that like to really get to the bottom of issues will love working here. Amazon is all about respecting and delighting customers. Not a paper in the wall but the moto that drives the company every day.

Cons

long hours; average benefits (nothing great). Lack of transparency in the way that compensation works.

Advice to Management

be more transparent about comp. Build a stronger HR team.

Amazon2019-04-09

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.