Amazon - Fast changing, high pressure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Fast changing, high pressure"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Amazon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazon has an independent work culture. The teams work cohesively but only with full independence. Assistance from team members is another plus.
Other pros:
cross functional
international exposure

Cons

Amazon has a system where your team has a huge impact on your experience.
If you're a bit out of luck, the work place can become slightly more demanding than usual.
Working hours can be a ted too much to handle.

Advice to Management

World's most customer centric company needs to take good care of its employees too.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

1. "Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates."

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
    Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
    Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Management

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Continous change
    salary
    smart people
    you free organize your work
    no dress code

Cons

Politics (only if your attitude is agradable to senior managers you will be considered for promotion, no shy is liked by american culture)
    Huge work load that brings you t work at least 10 to 20 hours more that contract working hours
    No positive feedback
    No appreciation of your work
    Slough