Amazon - Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates."

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Management

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

1. "Fast changing, high pressure"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Amazon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazon has an independent work culture. The teams work cohesively but only with full independence. Assistance from team members is another plus.
    Other pros:
    cross functional
    international exposure

Cons

Amazon has a system where your team has a huge impact on your experience.
    If you're a bit out of luck, the work place can become slightly more demanding than usual.
    Working hours can be a ted too much to handle.

Advice to Management

World's most customer centric company needs to take good care of its employees too.

2. "Great place to work with, and people around are so technically sound with full of positive attitude"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive, better growth opportunity, great career prospect.

Cons

area of improvement are there.