Amazon - Great and exciting place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Great and exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

A very strongly shared culture and ethos, great growth potential for the company and personally.
A matrix organisation where you you can move between roles and teams based on merit and success rather than your CV.

Cons

Not many people are going to say "thank you" or "well done", you've got to take all the praise you can when you can!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart People and big business challenges

Cons

Not enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

Keep investing for the long term

2. "Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates."

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
    Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
    Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Management

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...