Amazon - Great place to work if you can embrace the culture and work with others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Great place to work if you can embrace the culture and work with others."

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest and passionate people you will meet. When Amazon talks about putting the customer first, it is not just talk. The entire focus of every team is figuring out how to serve their immediate customers better which in turn can be very exciting. The influence that a single person can have is great as high performers are able to take control of their career and do what they wish with it.

Cons

Some of the Microsoft-esque HR policies are infuriating. Pay is highly dependent on job family, which is silly when they encourage individuals to have an impact, regardless of job title/family.

The pay is not always going to be market level, especially if the stock is not doing well.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the job family guidelines for top performers.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Was better before all the changes"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and relaxed environment. Pay and benefits are great, hard to find another job that meets what they offer in this area. Work from Home opportunities

Cons

*Training needs to be changed. When I first started training was in depth and I hit the floor knowing what I was doing. With the past few positions I've taken, training has been minimal and I feel completely unprepared for the job at hand.

* Work from home staff gets forgotten and left out of on site functions.

* Monthly internet allowance of $25 doesn't cover half of my internet or phone bill.

* Leadership needs to be available more often and monitor the team members available time

* Huge amount of favoritism

* Under appreciated

* Company is micro-managed and has grown a lot faster than it seems can be handled at times

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your team. Make sure people are in avail when they should be and treat everyone on the team fairly. Don't offer special treatment to people or single out others just because you're buddies with them. This leaves workers on the phones short handed and feeling angry towards their leadership. Offer more to Work From Home. This is a large part of your company in Grand Forks, make sure we feel appreciated.

"manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

start you off with great sign on bonus and benefits, relocation company they use is great, and the stock options are great.

Cons

too many to list, no home work balance, growth potential too slow unless you uproot your family again. This is the reason the turnover rate at amazon is so high, will they ever get it?

Advice to Management

open your eyes and promote the people worth promoting, if they would stop moving people around every 2 months then the growth of managers would actually be seen.