Amazon - Customer service agent | Glassdoor

"Customer service agent"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Agent in Remote, OR

I worked at Amazon for more than a year

Pros

Even though this was a seasonal position, I very much enjoyed working for Amazon. They have a top of the line training program, very informative, and educational. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone!

Cons

I don't know of any cons I would say about Amazon.

Amazon2018-10-05
  1. "As advertised"

Current Employee - Senior TPM

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership principles, discussion with recruiters and the hiring manager were all very honest, and with a few months under my belt, I can see that what I was sold on proved to be true. I have great leaders and am treated with respect. I love the writing culture, ideas win when they are thought out and written clearly, not when they are spoken to eloquently, forcefully addressed, or politically established at a... social event.

Cons

read the leadership principles and if some of them rub you the wrong way, you will feel it when you work here. Frugal is there, it gets annoying if you're used to a nice lunch at your work training, but it is a principle, so it wins. Customer obsession is real. The writing is real. It can be hard to be vocally self critical, but you must do it to succeed

Amazon2019-09-20
  2. Helpful (1964)

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.