Amazon - You Work Hard AND Get Paid Well for It! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"You Work Hard AND Get Paid Well for It!"

Current Employee - Administration
Current Employee - Administration

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, face-paced work environment with a strong customer service focus. Employees are encouraged to "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make HIstory". That's just what we're doing!

Cons

Uneven workload distribution. High performing employees seem to get "dumped on" while low performers slide by while pocketing the same salaries. Very discouraging and unfair. My peers have time for chats, social networking and extended breaks while I can't seem to stay above water.

Advice to Management

Implement work logs and pay attention to workload distribution. Don't burn out your best performers!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Positive Change"

Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY
    Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate their focus and structure. It seems to me to be a very effective company. We've just recently begun making the transition to an Amazon run fulfillment center and the positive changes are already apparent.

Cons

Any negative thing I would have to offer is in regards to the transition and that is not a fair assessment of other facilities.

"Operations manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great pay, can be a lot of fun, great place to lose weight, outstanding training! Love Jeff Besos!

Cons

Extremely long hours, lack of care and empathy for hourly associates by senior leaders at local facility, all about numbers (felt like a slave driver), low regard for former military members at the local level, little to no loyalty to anyone or anything (with the exception of production numbers).

Advice to Management

Get rid of General Managers who never show up during off shifts to observe the challenges of night shift personnel. Additionally, senior General Managers must attend and learn ACES.