Amazon - You Work Hard AND Get Paid Well for It! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"You Work Hard AND Get Paid Well for It!"

Current Employee - Administration
Current Employee - Administration

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, face-paced work environment with a strong customer service focus. Employees are encouraged to "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make HIstory". That's just what we're doing!

Cons

Uneven workload distribution. High performing employees seem to get "dumped on" while low performers slide by while pocketing the same salaries. Very discouraging and unfair. My peers have time for chats, social networking and extended breaks while I can't seem to stay above water.

Advice to Management

Implement work logs and pay attention to workload distribution. Don't burn out your best performers!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

1. "Awesome place! Very smart people"

Pros

very smart people who care about the company vision and the end customer. Leaders in ecommerce so obviously a lot to learn from one of the best in this space.

Cons

can't really think of anything. I guess as it gets bigger there are the inherent dangers with size that may impact culture but didn't see much in my time at least.

Advice to Management

continue doing what you do - focusing on the end customer

"amazon is a horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Picker
    Former Employee - Picker

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they are just good in price and they treat customer like angel but treat their employee like dirt

Cons

this is place is too much pressure to work especially in pick department, they push you too hard to make atleast 100 items per hour and that is impossible to do specially in the pallet land.. they think that you are a robot can walk fast. and number 1 safety rule "no running" but workers are almost get to the point of running so that they can make the rate of 100% coz if you cannot make it they will fire you.. and you get only 15 minutes break, but you have to walk 3-5 minutes to breakroom, they just want you to go sit in the break room and go back your ass to work.. WORST COMPANY TO WORK EVER!!!! they are very bad about calling you over the phone for your termination because they are chicken to see you in person, and sometimes they let you come to work but dont tell you and your badge is not working so you will not get into the gate.

Advice to Management

management they need to listen to their employees and lower the minimum rate, before the workers end up hurting therselves just to make a rate.