Amazon - Amazing company and the most driven and smartest of the people | Glassdoor

"Amazing company and the most driven and smartest of the people"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You can learn a lot very quickly in a very short time - Surrounded with nothing but incredibly smart and driven individuals. - Compensation is well beyond my expectations, and more than suitable. - Exciting projects all across the company that keep you interested and focused. - Amazon is changing the world

Cons

- Can be overwhelming, very steep learning curve - Can be difficult to keep up if you are not self motivated

Amazon2018-12-03
  1. "I loved working here."

Former Employee - FC Associate in Kent, WA

I worked at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, cared for employees, a lot of benefit and incentives.

Cons

Salary was low but, the benefit/incentives outweigh that.

Advice to Management

Management showed that they cared for their staff. They do step in to help and they worked even harder. I have no issues with what they got going on.

Amazon2019-06-24

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.