Amazon - Network Development Engineer | Glassdoor

"Network Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Network Development Senior Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Lot of intelligent people.With every new hire;bar raises. *Environment is dynamic,challenging and very aggressive.Some people will think of quitting initially but after 3-4 months it will be under control. *Above average compensation comparable to grade. *If you are good with automating stuff for product operations.You can have a excellent career here.

Cons

*No robust training and ramp-up process. *Lot of wikis and process to follow. *Everybody is so busy that you need to take a note and book 1:1 for discussion. *No team work model.You need to work as Individual contributor only. *lots of tool which you cannot remember all . *Everything is automated and pushed to automate;so product-tech-enthusiast may not enjoy it. *Very less option for internal job transfers.

Advice to Management

*Create robust ramp-up plan for new hires . *Rather than forcing individual;make the atmosphere conducive to work. *Be transparent with the team.

Amazon2018-12-26
  1. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Ownership of your career- I have had amazing managers who encourage my growth and what I am interested in moving my career forward.

Cons

Large company- so lots of moving parts, and sometimes things can be a bit ambiguous, so if you need very focused structure, Amazon may not be the place for you.

Amazon2019-05-22

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.