Amazon - Warzone everyday | Glassdoor
  1. "Warzone everyday"

Current Employee - SDE1 in Tokyo

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pay and flexible work timings

Cons

I have been with Amazon Japan for a year now. I have worked with many teams and have been a part of two different teams. Attitude: Mostly everyone have a type A personality. Its really hard for Type B's and C's to survive a workday without getting hurt. Everyday is judgement day: Pretty much everyone is judging each other all the time on every interaction and back-bitching about people when they are not around....

Advice to Management

management is extremely money driven. Counts every penny. Engineer's pay is directly mapped to the projects on a day basis. Even a delay of one day will be projected as loss or reason to drop the project because it would not be a return of investment.

Amazon2019-04-03
  1. "I like my job"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Stock shares, plenty of time off, flexibility to work from home

Cons

Location of the offices, co-workers are not always the friendliest or helpful

Amazon2019-02-15

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.