Amazon - A fluke I made it into hell | Glassdoor
  1. "A fluke I made it into hell"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Never bored Learn a lot Quality engineers, especially backend A million orgs mean a million cultures

Cons

Some orgs are stagnant and you will work on 10 year old code Some orgs are so product driven that the engineers are never hear The push for product erodes quality The push for product comes from stack ranking an a constant need to deliver. this can create a lot of conflict.

Advice to Management

I'd honestly appreciate some blatant nepotism. Promo process is based on how much your manager likes you. Meritocracy is a lie. Also Jeff, you need some principals that understand Javascript.

Amazon2019-04-12
  1. "Cool"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at Amazon

Pros

Bad but good there was food

Cons

Cool that’s what it is

Advice to Management

Hire more

Amazon2019-06-18

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.