Amazon - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay, nice people and extremely good environment. As a mid 20's male with a Bsc and Msc - this was everything I wanted and more

Cons

it can be tough to get noticed and have your work appreciated. they do work you hard but it is to be expected

Advice to Management

Recognize people more!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

1. "amazing"

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

professional career growth great work place good camaraderie with fellow colleagues
    career development advice and good work ethics
    everybody is pushing for the same goals centered on the customer (big difference with Microsoft). Promotions are gated by well written promo guidelines with focus on delivery, and impact, not on internal politics. People spend less time campaigning for their own promotions (seen cons). Much better healthy relationships between teams/orgs/people. TOP performers are heavily compensated.”

Cons

Less levels than at MS, hence promotions are farther apart. Most individual contributor job families only have 4 levels (junior, mid, senior, principal) with very few people in the upper two levels.
    Big raise on promotion happen less frequently. Average raises for the average people. Most people from MS usually come at one level down (principal -> senior, senior lead to MGR III).

"Slave Camp"

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none...I would rather work at McDonalds then this place what a zoo...

Cons

Bad managers..They are clueless and could care less about the workers..This place needs a union bad...God help you if you need a day off...I think I will move to europe they treat workers better over there..Amazon you suck and so do your Nazi managers..

Advice to Management

You suck