Amazon - Toxic to my Soul | Glassdoor

"Toxic to my Soul"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay but they are trying to get bonus money back still.

Cons

Liberal agendas pushed on us by HR, why do I need to celebrate Ramadan? I’d rather not, thanks! Always felt like I had to be careful about saying the right thing and walking on eggshells. They need to relax! I honestly stopped caring pretty quick in but still annoying. In the process of not offending anyone, I was deeply offended by the liberal politics of the culture. Sending emails out saying that we should start fasting like the Muslims do so we can understand them better. Again, NO THANKS! Can’t I just do my job apart from all the garbage of them trying to make nothing into something? I’ve been gone for a little while now and had time to think it over. Bottom line, managers are terrified of HR. They cannot make decisions for themselves. Constant fear of the lowest level employee spouting off to upper management or causing a scene. My job was to cater to the employees. There was no common sense among some managers. My car was vandalized by some garbage employee who worked there. One manager would literally turn around and walk away while I was trying to talk to him. This happened on several occasions. I was disrespected and undermined again during an event I organized where they allowed employees to have an all you can eat buffet on Amazon’s dime. Completely ignoring the fact that I organized the particular event and monitored the employee relations budget. Got tired of having to see flirting with the HR which I found to be unprofessional and inappropriate. These were the most unbending leaders. Walking out of that toxic workplace was the best thing I did. The only regret I have is taking the job in the first place when my gut told me not to. The money or promise of moving up is not worth it.

Continue reading
    Amazon2019-08-21
  1. "A good challenge"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging work environment that will push you to learn and grow.

Cons

At times stressful and unpredictable. You need to be able to change and deal with ambiguity weekly.

Amazon2020-01-13
  2. Helpful (2071)

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Continue reading
    Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.