Amazon - Great work. Bad work-life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Great work. Bad work-life balance."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Madrid (Spain)
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workplace. You get to work with an international team that knows a lot about Marketing and Traffic initiatives.

Cons

Any senior role at Amazon takes around 12h a day to get done. That makes work-life balance a bit challenging and leaves no time for your personal life.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees and work backwards. People should always come before business.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Jeff Makes Billions, you eat peanuts!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tbh I really cannot say much here, the 10% off was a pro.

Cons

Everything from the fatigued dull employees to the boring overstretch interview process, long hours, bad management I could continue for a while. This place really is just a 21st century sweat shop selling items from A to Z while we rip off the UK tax payer by withholding revenue. In closing if you want to go through a laborious interview process to work in a place where most of the time you are left to yourself with little interaction go for it. Well done Jeff in creating a zoo full of idiots while making billions in the process I salute the dull opportunities you created for us silly humans.

Advice to Management

You suck!

"Obsessed with growth with no time for their people"

Current Employee - Online Marketing in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is very bright and driven so you never need to carry anyone - they'd get fired long before that
    Career progression - you can move around easily and change job functions which offers a lot of opportunity
    Customer focus - they genuinely put the customer first which is rare for a company this size

Cons

Culture is very stressful - most people work evenings and weekend. There's no work-life balance, even at the more junior levels.
    Management are poorly trained and over-stretched.
    Tools are clunky and frustrating - they don't have dedicated analysts so you have to pull your own data from multiple sources.
    Too much admin at all levels - even MBAs and past consultants are given crap tasks to do.

Advice to Management

Spend some time reshaping the company into what it should be 15 years down the line. Currently it's still working as a start up with dodgy hacks and patches, no policy and little structure. This can't be sustained.