Amazon - Work hard have fun | Glassdoor

"Work hard have fun"

Pros

Good quality work with the opportunity to make a difference

Cons

work atmosphere can be tough

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NIce buildings and good cafeteria food which you will need because if you are not a software engineer you will NEVER leave the building.

Cons

Everything. I do no have one positive thing to say. My first week of work I was scolded because I did not take my cell phone to the ladies room with me. REALLY. If you want to work 15 hour days in an incredibly stressful environment for slightly over the market rate for support positions this is the place for you. Executive Assistants - ask yourself if money is worth more than your life. Stay away - this company does not value people. It values Jeff B.'s bank account. Do not fool yourself into thinking anything else. Pay attention to how many people only stay here for three years and then leave - you have to stay three years to cash in on your first stock award. Some people get hooked into the cycle and stay longer, but many choose to leave the insanity at the three year mark. Everyone I have talked to who left the company is THRILLED to not work there anymore. Amazon churns through people and simply does not care - hopefully Karma will catch up with them at some point. This is the only company I have ever resigned from and that was the best decision of my life.

Advice to Management

Learn to be human. Recognize that the only reason you exist is to pad Jeff B.'s bank account. Enjoy your Tesla before you have a heart attack.

2. "My Amazon story"

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for growth. It is possible move up from entry level associate. Growth is associated with performance. Day to day features new/different challenges. Focus on the customer is contagious.

Cons

Change is constant, if you don't like change you will not succeed here. Expectations and workload can be excessive at times.