Amazon - Fast-paced work, which is rewarded by great pay and all-you-can-drink coffee and Gatorade. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Fast-paced work, which is rewarded by great pay and all-you-can-drink coffee and Gatorade."

Current Employee - Packer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Packer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and the daily benefits (all-you-can-drink coffee and Gatorade), reward system for reporting unsafe conditions ($20 gift card)

Cons

not for the slow-paced, no ability to accommodate people with school schedules, i.e. no part-time, boring 8-hour-long class to sit through on your very first day

Advice to Management

Please offer part-time opportunity to those in the staffing-company phase of the job!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Awesome!!!"

Former Employee - Floor Supervosor in Coffeeville, AR
    Former Employee - Floor Supervosor in Coffeeville, AR

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Structure, Safety and by the book management.

Cons

Breaks were hard. You had to walk to break room and go through security to start your fifteen minute break took you 6 minutes just to get there. If want to heat something up to eat...well forget it. For 750 employees there were only 6 microwaves.

Advice to Management

That was my advise. As a floor supervisor myself, I was very successful at an encouraging approach with the production workers. Rather then a a brow beating approach which was the way I was treated when I started working for them 4 years ago.

"Not worth the pain they would give you"

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart People --Yes,
    Soaring stocks--Great to have
    Learning/Brand name --Yes
    Love thy customers not thy employees

Cons

Full of Type A personalities at every level that can be mean and rude at times, only people good at managing up and run the show with a stick can go up, work life balance is not a word in amazon's dictionary--folks are even called on their cell on their wedding day or child birth and expected to send reports.

Advice to Management

Read the business week article if anyone thinking of joining the company, if the CEO thinks its employees as s**t, how can one imagine the layers below him will be humble. Please teach your middle management that if they will always be jerks, they wont be able to motivate employees and improve productivity