Amazon - Get Ready | Glassdoor

"Get Ready"

Current Employee - CSA in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - CSA in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customer truly is #1--as a CSA, I have the authority to do just about whatever I think is right to make our customers happy (which makes ME happy). The dress code is uber casual (yup, you can wear your PJs to work), it's not a homogeneous group of employees, schedule changes are relatively easy, the environment is fun, and everyone is expected to have a sense of ownership in the company. Most employees are friendly and more than happy to help one another out with job performance issues and even a ride to work.

Cons

They are incredibly strict about attendance...they've got you timed down to seconds, and it's not flexible. DO NOT run out of unpaid time off (which is slim to begin with). Amazon is also super cheap (or, eh-hem, "frugal"). Better pay, benefits, and perks would be great. Employees get a 10% discount...up to $100 per year (excluding Prime memberships--which are totally full price).

Advice to Management

Offer better perks and more flexibility to employees, even if it's just to compensate for the less than stellar pay rates. Other than that, you're on point!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Tough, meat grinder of an employer; but great pay and experience"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-You will learn a ton
    -You will have a LOT of responsibility; really gives you a chance to prove yourself
    -Get to work with brilliant people at a truly history-making company
    -Great pay

Cons

-Incredibly tough environment. On my team (which albeit was slightly unusual being SO new) we all worked like dogs and got absolutely no thanks for it.
    -You are on your own. There is very rarely any support.

Advice to Management

Hire from within. It never ceases to amaze me that a company with so many brilliant minds rarely ever promotes its own employees. It was very common for people to quit, work elsewhere, then return at a hire position rather than simply receive a promotion.

"Taxing"

Former Employee - Wharehouse Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Wharehouse Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay relative to other minimum wage and wharehouse jobs.

Cons

Terribly designed quota system. Physically exhausting.

Advice to Management

I don't know anyone who stayed longer than 3 months. Your turnover rate is astronomical. I would consider lightening the load on each individual.