Amazon - It is fast pacing and dynamic | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"It is fast pacing and dynamic"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intense work life, definitely learnt a lot of stuff. Great location, great people around. Very easy to talk to senior engineer

Cons

bad work life balance. Some teams has very bad on call policy, might need to go to office at 3:00 am.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Contractor SDET"

Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer In Test in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer In Test in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You work with some really smart talented people. Everyone is very friendly and generally very hardworking. Really fast paced environment, working with current technologies and people are working on some phenomenal and exciting stuff there

Cons

Contractors are really treated as temporary employees , given worst kind of work that no one wants to do. Even my role had promised conversion potential, it didn't seem as if it would ever be and the kind of work that was given to me was not making my career grow. Work life balance is messed up to, expect to put in long hours. East side people beware, daily commute can be a pain. Donot join unless prepared / enjoy long commute. I was spending about 2 hours daily commuting which wasn't fun.

Advice to Management

Management is generally friendly. Some work on employee satisfaction is needed Witt making sure their careers are growing. Some appreciation once in while would be good too

"You can make a big difference!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although Amazon can be stressful, you can make a big impact here. Amazon is growing and as a recruiter you are at the center of the growth. You set your strategy and execute with support from the business. They have been understaffed for a while and are always very gracious when you do your job.

Jeff Bezos is a genius, and you feel lucky to work at Amazon at this stage in the company's life cycle. At first I did not notice it, but after working here for a while I realized I had become a much better recruiter.

Amazon does the right thing when it comes to candidates and the hiring process. It feels nice to know that 100% of the time they will do the right thing.

Cons

The workload is high, you need to learn to prioritize and work smart vs. hard. As with any organization that is growing there are bumps in the road.