Amazon - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Pros

The company has good vision and good management. The work condition is very good and the company is overal very focused

Cons

not much cons to mention but if there were some problems it would depend on what branch of Amazon one was in

Advice to Management

just keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Software Development Engineer II"

Pros

Lots of smart people to work with. Interesting and hard problems to solve. Lots of opportunities to simplify and innovate.

Cons

Difficult work life balance. Stressful environment. Strong headed senior engineers who are difficult to work with. Cheap work equipments. Frupid (being frugal but in reality, being stupid) policies.

Advice to Management

Take some steps to show that you care about the engineers.

2. "Great on paper, but not in reality."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Health Benefits. I work with amazing people that want to do their best.

Cons

Exhausting work within the FC environment. I can only move so fast and I am always worried about my rate and I do pretty good. It is really hard to "move up" now. I have had a couple interviews and was inclined, but I never was offered a higher position.

Advice to Management

Stop the 10% increase in productivity unless you invest in tools so that it can be done without the expense of the physical deterioration of us. The drones are a nice idea, but how about better software and more reliable conveyors. Stop driving data so hard that you forget the people. The "good" managers (people managers) leave us and only the "data" driven managers are left. The people managers are pushed out and not treated well. They are helping us on the floor and get left out and then judged that they are not doing well. The culture needs to change. It looks great on paper. I am sure Jeff Bezos's thinks that is what is being done, but he is out of touch with what is going on.