Amazon - Horrible Place | Glassdoor

"Horrible Place"

Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good and the pay is decent but not really if you compare it to other places

Cons

Low pay the management is horrible they never know what hand is doing what they make the rules up as they go. They cant stand the thought of you talking about a union they work you like a dog and no fun so I am not sure were there motto plays a role cause I have yet to have fun there. I along feel like a slave or prisoner being watched all the time having to go through two sets of security is crazy. They treat employees like crap they think of them as a number not a human. So if you don't make the number then they don't want you. I just wish that the customers would see how they treat their people and they wouldn't support them either. Just another reason why corporate America stinks because these big companies want to kill there employees. The 5 min breaks are nice as well but keep in mind they are suppose to be 15 min and lunch 30 but you know its company policy to cut that short don't matter what the federal law says when your amazon. Oh yeah and they don't that if it comes a snow storm they want you risk your life to come to work and no matter what unless that is you are on dayshift then you can close for the day and not count against you. Kind of strange how that works. So if you want to work your life away with no time with family this is great place but I don't I love my family and they are more important to me then Amazon and if you want to move up then you better know somebody or be ready to bend over and take cause that your only way to the top. I cant wait to be out of there and find a career that has values and morals that I stand for and to work at a place where you matter your not a number or a dollar sign.

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about flying a drone or whatever and focus on the people that make your company which is the people that come in everyday and give up their life and try to keep their heads above water while you all drive around in your 100,000 dollar vehicles and live in your million dollar homes and don't care about the people. Its time you either stand behind your motto or step out of the way a let a real company that cares about its people take over somebody like Costco, Sams club,Overstock.com a these are all true companies. To Jeff bezzo quit trying to get to space and invest that money into your workers families and support them.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Software Development Engineer II"

Pros

Lots of smart people to work with. Interesting and hard problems to solve. Lots of opportunities to simplify and innovate.

Cons

Difficult work life balance. Stressful environment. Strong headed senior engineers who are difficult to work with. Cheap work equipments. Frupid (being frugal but in reality, being stupid) policies.

Advice to Management

Take some steps to show that you care about the engineers.

2. "Great on paper, but not in reality."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Health Benefits. I work with amazing people that want to do their best.

Cons

Exhausting work within the FC environment. I can only move so fast and I am always worried about my rate and I do pretty good. It is really hard to "move up" now. I have had a couple interviews and was inclined, but I never was offered a higher position.

Advice to Management

Stop the 10% increase in productivity unless you invest in tools so that it can be done without the expense of the physical deterioration of us. The drones are a nice idea, but how about better software and more reliable conveyors. Stop driving data so hard that you forget the people. The "good" managers (people managers) leave us and only the "data" driven managers are left. The people managers are pushed out and not treated well. They are helping us on the floor and get left out and then judged that they are not doing well. The culture needs to change. It looks great on paper. I am sure Jeff Bezos's thinks that is what is being done, but he is out of touch with what is going on.