Amazon - Disdain and contempt for candidates does not equal Customer Centric | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"Disdain and contempt for candidates does not equal Customer Centric"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free pizza weekly; some good co-workers that want to do a good job but get bogged down in sending crappy candidates just for numbers stake not because they remotely meet the bar for the role.

Cons

The disdain and contempt that interviewers have for candidates is overwhelming and embarrassing; managers miss calls, reschedule at the last minute or want to talk to people on the weekends....guess who gets the call from the irate candidate on the weekend? They talk about leadership principals and finding the best of the best but they pay crappy, have mediocre benefits....nickel and dime you on stocks that cost you coming and going. Throwing paper at the managers of unqualified candidates who have never been contacted is like a 3rd Party Agency mentality.

Advice to Management

Get better tools so recruiters do not spend so much time in between 3 systems; reporting for reporting sake is stupid; capture actual data of results versus throwing paper at managers. Finally have people in leadership roles that have actually recruited with these systems; having a director who has never recruited makes no sense as they have no understanding of recruiting and what good quality recruiting is.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

"Great Place to Work, Bad Place for a Career"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you have the right boss and things align well for you. There is no shortage of opportunity to get involved in pretty cool projects and if you like a high pace of change this is a great place to dive in and make a difference.

Cons

If you're in operations understand that the operation runs 24/7. Holidays are just like any retail position, i.e. your working. Generally speaking to move up, the company will ask you to relocate, and if you have a family, that may be something to consider.

Advice to Management

People, not metrics, drive success.

2. "Good pay for Brand Ambassador"

Former Contractor - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

As a lead brand ambassador, for our college, a team of 4 worked with a manager to form a strategic marketing plan for promoting an event beginning of fall quarter. They sent us materials, and we distributed them by reaching out to organization, hitting up events, marketing where to flyer, etc... I had a lot of fun managing BA's within my team + get personal time with my manager. You can ask a letter of recommendation from supervisor also for your work performance.

Cons

If you were just a regular brand ambassador (not a lead), you didn't get managing experience. Not too much opportunity to scale up the corporate ladder within just a Brand Ambassador position.

Advice to Management

Good pay for student brand ambassador. really appreciate it.