Amazon - A lot of work, but satisfying for those who enjoy it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon

"A lot of work, but satisfying for those who enjoy it."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great cardio workout if you're on the floor. people have been fun and enjoyable for the most part. If you get a blue badge the opportunities are seemingly endless.

Cons

Hours during peak season can be a bit much, I hardly saw my family over the holiday season last year. I've heard a lot of things that are said will happen to better the working experience but are nowhere in sight.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon

1. "It's intense but I learned alot"

Pros

Amazon has its leadership principles. Leadership principle is not only the guide for interviews but also the guide for internal ratings of current employees. This principle demonstrates good company culture.

Cons

Condensation is good according to other tech companies. Benefit is rather week. Amazon promotes frugality. Working extra hours at work is a demonstration of hard work. However I am sure for all companies, everyone will be particularly busy during launch times.

"Pretty good until if fell off a cliff."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level/individual contributors are genuinely good people. High energy, motivated, creative, fun to be around.

Cons

Absolutely terrible management culture. Non-existent work-life balance. Review system can be arbitrary and capricious. You can work your butt off on a project, deliver it, and get put on a PIP because someone on a partner team didn't like your work style. In the review meeting, your manager might try to present positive data and get told that it doesn't matter.

Advice to Management

Stop already with having peer feedback be the basis of the review model. People's managers should have the greatest say in reviews.