Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

You Get What You Put In

Jan 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Continue reading
    2726 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.temporary-former, less than 1 year

Shopper experience

May 6, 2021 - Shopper in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

they had flexible times good for students

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to find shifts

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Exciting Work, Abusive Culture

Feb 20, 2016 - Senior Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jeff Bezos and his "S-Team" are brilliant and continue to make great decisions for long-term growth. You work with smart people, you work on exciting projects, you are pushed to your limits...which can be rewarding when you accomplish great things. The diversity of the potential work and innovation can be very alluring. I've often called Amazon my "Sexy Mistress...she's emotionally abusive, but she's so sexy that I go back for more punishment."

Cons

The management process is abusive, and I'm currently a manager. I've seen too much "behind the wall" and hate how our individual performers can be treated. You are forced to ride people and stack rank employees...I've been forced to give good employees bad overall ratings because of politics and stack ranking.

Continue reading
    2619 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Amazon.