Ambassador Software - People-first, rock star team, and I like/get along with every single one of my current coworkers | Glassdoor
  1. "People-first, rock star team, and I like/get along with every single one of my current coworkers"

Current Employee - Senior Backend Engineer in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Ambassador Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working with Ambassador for almost half a decade. In that time I've gone from a Junior to a Senior Engineer. There were fun times, difficult times and everything in between. A few things that Ambassador does very well: - Live and breathe OUTCARE. It's often the case that companies say they want a certain company culture and practice another. This is not the case with Ambassador. Looking at my life through the lens of OUTCARE has made me a better employee and a better person. - The leadership team practices what they preach. They fight for their employees and they understand that a happy employee is a productive employee. Decisions aren't made based upon ego; they're made for the good of the customers, employees, and the product. - The leadership team understands that we work for incentives and gives us clear feedback on our performance. Conversations about career paths are just that; conversations. Feedback goes both ways. - Ambassador is at an inflection point after a recent acquisition with West Corporation. The team is growing and so is our technology stack. The sky is the limit with career path possibilities both at Ambassador and within West. - West, and by extension Ambassador, is location agnostic. This means we're extremely flexible with where employees can work from. We have an additional office in Denver, CO, which one of our engineers just moved to and we're currently working to fill with more engineers soon. - An extremely competitive set of benefits (medical, dental, vision, PTO, work from home) - Catered lunches every Wednesday. - A very good work/life balance. - An awesome office in downtown Royal Oak, MI within walking distance of tons of great restaurants.

Cons

- The recent acquisition with West was a bit of a tumultuous time with lots of discussions and changes happening at once, but the differences have been worked out. The acquisition ended up going well and we're back to smooth sailing now. - There have been issues with hiring in the past where we went through growing pains and made one or two hires that didn't end up being good culture fits in the short term causing some tumult on our team. For what it's worth these seemed to be anomalies in the overall trend of people working here, and I think our overall reviews on Glassdoor reflect that. - There was a hilarious fiasco over a recurring leak in the ceiling. This reflects more on the property managers of the building we're in than Ambassador as a whole. The leadership team raised the issue several times with the building manager and eventually it was fixed. On the other hand, it was kind of peaceful to have a miniature waterfall in the office for a few days. We've had no other issues since, and the building itself is actually really nice.

Ambassador Software2019-03-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Opportunity after opportunity"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Ambassador Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has given me opportunity after opportunity to grow my career including a leadership team that’s 100% cheering me on and supporting my growth. Leadership listens to their employees and genuinely cares about making the company a place that people *want* to come into each day and give their all. It doesn’t get much better than that. There is a huge focus on company values, and that has been refreshing to see. They hire just as much for culture as they do for skill sets, so each individual in the company is pretty unique in background and it works. The people make this place such an awesome place to work, but the benefits and tools they give you to get your job done each day are second to none. If you learn by doing and lead by example this is a place where you’ll get everything you put in and probably more.

Cons

The work is very fast paced; for me that’s an absolute pro, and a given in a startup but it’s not for everybody. If you’re looking for somewhere that you’ll be able to coast- this isn’t the place for you.

Ambassador Software2019-02-17

Ambassador Software Response

February 18, 2019Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the awesome feedback, we will certainly take your advice and continue to embrace OUTCARE!

Continue reading

"great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Ambassador Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

room to grow, career plans, great coworkers, easy-going atmosphere, constant learning, great work/life balance, accessible location.

Cons

not applicable... but I do have to type a min of five words here.

Ambassador Software2019-02-12

Discover more reviews about Ambassador Software.