Amdocs - Slow ineffective management | Glassdoor

"Slow ineffective management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I can't think of any at this point.. maybe a good starting point for freshers or those looking to get into the industry.

Cons

Downsides were many-

1) Favouritism
2) Glass ceiling that prevents growth
3) Poor compensation
4) Communication not clear
5) Little work life balance

Advice to Management

Open line of communication with employees at all levels, more flexibility and work life balance needs to be provided to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Amdocs

1. "A Company that still only cares about making money and not how they do it."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

It's a job and any job will do. The few remaining people there.

Cons

The way they still treat the employees.

Senior Management has no problem with lying and forcing the Manager to ask preloaded questions at all-hands and also has no problem ending these meeting when faced with difficult questions in order to not answer them.

Went from 4 large builds to 2 large buildings to 2 smaller buildings to 1 building to 1/2 a floor.

Advice to Management

Come up with something new besides "You don't fit into the new working model" at the next round of layoffs.

2. "Told company is doing good, but RIFs continue..."

Current Employee - SME in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - SME in Champaign, IL

Pros

Salary. The pay is very well. I am making more for less responsibilty than at previous position. I enjoy working with the people that I work directly with. My GL and PM are easy to work for. As long as I do my work, they are satisfied. They don't micro manage as I have seen with most of the other managers.

Cons

Currently it's not very stable. There are rumors of more layoffs to come as they move more and more of the operations to India. With the layoffs that we have had in the past, there is certainly no opportunity for advancement or growth. I haven't had a pay raise since I began working there. Pay is important. You just can't give a person a good review without a little increase in pay. You know the managers are getting theirs whether they deserve it or not.

Advice to Management

During the next set of layoffs, please take a very close look at the people on the "GO" side of the list and an even closer look at the people on the "STAY" side. I am sure that you will come across several that can be swapped between lists.