Amec Foster Wheeler - You will strive if you are motivated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amec Foster Wheeler

"You will strive if you are motivated"

Current Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every office seems to do things differently, but the Minneapolis, MN office has been a great place to work. They have no problem shelving out money for training, PE registration fees, CEU classes, hardware/software, etc. They foster the growth of any motivated individuals. The pay is superior than the local average, the benefits are about average, the every-other-friday-off program is wonderful. Although rare, they do give out project bonuses and periodic, gift cards as pats-on-the-back. They also recently did a complete, modern office renovation and the location in the heart of downtown keeps the environment interesting.

Cons

This office is notorious for its horrendous network speeds, and custom (mandatory use) software that is unreliable and pathetic. As I said, every office is different which means any interoffice coordination is painful and inefficient. This is opposed to their "One AMEC" PR line: it's far from that.

Advice to Management

I actually think management is doing a great job. I appreciate the transparency and honesty.

Other Employee Reviews for Amec Foster Wheeler

"Fair Place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good people.
    Decent systems and well experienced staff

Cons

Not getting big projects aggressively

Corporate plays politics with projects. It is project that brings in the revenue but most Corporate manager treat projects as a step child, dont care and dont understand the needs of the project. Some of the Coporate managers have maybe one or two project execution experience but advice projects on how to do a better job.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on what really makes the organization efficient
    People are the biggest strength of company especially people with experience. Just having good procedures will not make the Company to grow. There are some good people with Company who have over 20 years of experience working in industry. These folks have come in past two to four years they will not last long if they are not treated properly.

2. "This is a Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Piping Designer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Piping Designer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is Friendly, The atmosphere is relaxed, the schedule is flexible, the hours are great. 9/80 we get every other friday off. 401K matching to 6%

Cons

average benefits, the insurance premiums are a bit high. 10 hours PTO per month. Not fully vested for 2 years