Amedisys - good company | Glassdoor

"good company"

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

people are nice
average pay
nice office

Cons

too many product managers
Product is still not managed well

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

"Nice people to interview with but watch out once you're hired!"

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Amedisys is a National company, presumably with many opportunities for advancement or transfer.

Cons

I was hired as an Area Vice President of Operations after extensive interviewing and personality profile testing, having been recruited away from a perfectly good job. 2 1/2 weeks into the job my Father died suddenly. Amedisys response was to allow 3 days bereavment leave for the out of state funeral, upon which the very morning back to work I was terminated.

Advice to Management

Practice your own mission statement with regard to your employees or change it. You set an expectation for employees that you care, when in fact you very obviously don't. I've never ever heard of someone being terminated the day back from their father's funeral - and this from a healthcare and hospice company? Shameful!
    The CEO Bill Borne didn't even have the decency to reply to my inquiry about this practice and my impression is that senior management receive no repercussions for bad behavior and favoritism takes precident to performance.
    My only hope is I will take a position with another company and put Amedisys out of business. It won't take much, 50% of the employees are already unhappy!

2. "The good, the bad, and the ugly"

Current Contractor - Physical Therapist
    Current Contractor - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Amedisys as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent with medicare regulation/documentation requirements
    This company values having special consultation on visits from preceptors or field staff with special skills
    Pays mileage
    Excellent computerized documentation system; OASIS 485's completed/posted in a timely manner

Cons

Poor communication within office during stressful times negatively impacts field staff's ability to perform job duties, affects patient care negatively
    Many days driving & doing paperwork for more time than actually spending with patients
    Case manager is responsible for everything, now including staffing coordination and babysitting field staff who aren't communicating appropriately regarding patient care
    Supervisor will undercut marketing opportunities opened up by positive relationships with field staff

Advice to Management

Don't mistake humility for incompetence. Directors, if there is a pattern with a supervisor and field staff not getting along, take a closer look at the problem. Don't harass contract staff that end up working 13hr days to see 3 patients due to extensive travel to provide consistent coverage. Although many of the management staff at Amedisys really do subscribe to the "we are all one big family providing excellent care to our patients as our first priority," there are supervisors who are supportive during initial orientation/employment, until they obtain some personal information that they can use against you. If they are too threatened by your performance, they will start the "squeeze" to encourage you to move on, and I think often the office director is not fully aware of the situation. Having a supervisor blow off multiple marketing opportunities that are handed to him/her on a silver platter is just not smart business practice.