Amedisys - Great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Blairsville, GA
Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Blairsville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear expectations. Good pay. My DOO treats all staff fairly. She goes the extra mile to provide flexibility when unusual situations arise. Great working conditions. Employee needs are solicited and acted upon faster than I would expect. Unbelievable opportunities for education. The responsibility to make use of these opportunities is put on the employee where it should be. ***My opinion is that the workload is not overwhelming. Staff need to take responsibility for time management and balancing work with family responsibilities. Home health requires incredible flexibility, accountability, professionalism and dedication. It is not for everyone. If you are looking for an easy job, do not consider home health. But if you want to use your skills in the art and science of nursing, are not afraid of constant challenges and change, and seek to make a difference in peoples lives, home health may be your calling. My advice to many people who have posted reviews on this site is to resign now-try to find somewhere else to work that will make you happier. We need nurses, therapists, aides and office staff with positive attitudes and willingness to find solutions to problems.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about Amedisys. I wish they hadn't changed the Core Beliefs, but I understand the need to stay pro-active and plan for future changes in health care.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat all staff fairly. Be very knowledgable in Amedisy policies and procedures. Be willing to apply discplinary actions when staff do not meet expectations, and also reward staff who exceed expectations. People in leadership must be able to find that fine line between being too seperate from the staff and too friendly with the staff. Either way you risk losing respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

"They are very supportive of employees."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work for and with.
    Pay for experience
    Flexible
    Promote regularly.

Cons

There is no such thing as nine to five.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and what your clients say about you.

"Constant stress and no appreciation for those who are more than willing to work daily including every weekend for years."

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot find any good in this company

Cons

Frequent turn over in clinical managers and nurses. Payroll making constant mistakes in paychecks

Advice to Management

Company owners should review how thier managers make decisions regarding employees and how employeed are left out of the process until it directly affects them